Continuous Composites, headquartered in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, owns the world's earliest granted patents on Continuous Fiber 3D Printing (CF3D®). Offering the most advanced composites and additive manufacturing solution, CF3D redefines mainstream manufacturing. We are taking a purposeful approach to establishing our foundational team of energetic, driven, and hardworking individuals with a synergistic background in business and engineering. Our team, vision, and patent protection are igniting the next industrial revolution and we are on a journey to transform manufacturing.
The ideal Junior Mechanical Engineer candidate is comfortable working closely with rapid prototyping as well as designing complex mechanisms and machines. They will be responsible for taking mechanical and control systems through the complete product life cycle, from design and development to testing, analysis, and production. This position requires someone who is hungry to learn and has the desire to bring disruptive technologies to market.
• 0-5 years of experience working as a mechanical engineer
• Has designed and built mechanical systems either as part of an internship, job, university club, or hobby
• Strong theoretical understanding of materials science regarding metals and plastics
• Strong fundamentals in machine design theory and mechanism analysis
• Familiarity with electromechanical actuators and sensors, and how to integrate them into a mechanical design
• Knowledgeable in low-volume manufacturing processes like 3D printing, machining, sheet metal forming, laser cutting, welding, etc.
• Comfortable working with standard hand tools and machine tools to create/modify parts and assemblies
• Willingness to use precision measurement tools to run experiments and record data
• Ability to analyze data, present the data visually, and draw conclusions based on the data
• Experience with 3D CAD design and mechanical drawing generation