Continuous Composites, headquartered in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, owns the world's earliest granted patents on Continuous Fiber 3D Printing (CF3D®). Offering the most advanced composites and additive manufacturing solution, CF3D redefines mainstream manufacturing. We are taking a purposeful approach to establishing our foundational team of energetic, driven, and hardworking individuals with a synergistic background in business and engineering. Our team, vision, and patent protection are igniting the next industrial revolution and we are on a journey to transform manufacturing.
Responsibilities of the Materials Scientist include the research and development of new materials related to the CF3D® process, creation of product specifications, coordination amongst industry suppliers and CF3D development teams. Additional duties include hands-on materials testing and qualification trials to evaluate mass production processes for materials development. Candidate is expected to work with agility and autonomy to maintain project timelines and lateral coordination with other departments, suppliers, and manufacturing facilities. Candidate should have the ability to work under time constraints, while keeping focused and organized with the task(s) at hand.
• BS or MS in Materials Science, Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Biochemical/Chemical Engineering, or related discipline
• A minimum of 3 years of closely related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• Hands-on experience with composite materials and/or previous experience within composites industry
• Hands on experience with additive manufacturing
• Familiarity with SolidWorks design package
• Excellent multitasking skills and ability to be agile in day-to-day work
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work and interact in small groups with co-workers, customers, and vendors
• Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills
• PhD in relevant field
• 5+ years work experience in relevant field