Continuous Composites, headquartered in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, owns the world's earliest granted patents on Continuous Fiber 3D Printing (CF3D®). Offering the most advanced composites and additive manufacturing solution, CF3D redefines mainstream manufacturing. We are taking a purposeful approach to establishing our foundational team of energetic, driven, and hardworking individuals with a synergistic background in business and engineering. Our team, vision, and patent protection are igniting the next industrial revolution and we are on a journey to transform manufacturing.
The ideal Mechanical Engineer candidate will be comfortable working closely with rapid prototyping as well as designing complex mechanisms and machines. In this role, you will be responsible for taking mechanical and control systems through the complete product life cycle, from design and development to testing, analysis, and production. This position requires someone who is hungry to learn and has the desire to bring disruptive technologies to market.
• 5-10 years of experience working as a mechanical engineer with progressing levels of responsibility
• Expert in design-for-manufacturing and design-for-assembly, especially regarding precision automation equipment
• Detailed understanding of actuators and sensors and demonstrated ability to integrate electromechanical components into automation equipment
• Ability to integrate design constraints from multiple sources into a cohesive mechanical architecture
• Oversee junior engineering efforts to guarantee that all engineering work is executed with quality and rigor
• Lead ideation and brainstorming for how to solve mechanical hardware problems and/or develop new products
• Efficiently and quickly take a concept through prototyping and detailed design